Tallahassee, Fla.— Both in Florida and throughout the U.S., flu activity is on the rise. In Florida, data shows more influenza activity across all age groups this year than detected in the last two flu seasons. Cases of the flu are particularly increasing in the northern portions of the state, including the Panhandle.
Governor Ron DeSantis has signed Executive Order 20-315 which outlines that providers can only administer the COVID-19 vaccine to the following groups:
– Long-term care facility residents and staff.
– Persons 65 years of age and older.
– Health care personnel with direct patient contact.
– Persons deemed to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 by hospital providers.
No events at this time
- Vaccine Locater
- Radon Month
- Florida Vaccine Update
- Governor Ron DeSantis, Hospital CEOs Announce Distribution Plan for Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation and Recognize Statewide Progress on Vaccine Distribution
- Florida Department of Health Issues Update on COVID-19