Skip Global navigation and goto content

It's a New Day in Public Health.

The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.

Skip MegaMenu and goto content


Florida Department of Health in Hendry County

  •  (863) 674-4041


    (863) 674-4076

    Mailing Address

    LaBelle - 1140 Pratt Blvd; 33935 

    Clewiston - 1100 South Olympia Ave 33440 


Eligibility is by appointment only, for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Appointments are also available for babies and children up to the age of 5 years old.

You can use the WIC Pre-Screening tool to determine if you qualify for WIC.

To be income-eligible for WIC:

You must have a total household income equal to or less than the amounts shown in the WIC Icome Guidelines OR you are income-eligible if you are currently receiving Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), or Food Assistance. However, you do not have to be on a public assistance program to qualify for WIC.

WIC Income Guidelines:

For a pregnant woman, each unborn baby counts as 1 extra person in the household size.

Household Size

*WIC Income Eligibility Based on Income Intervals






















































If you have more than 8 people in your household, please call your local WIC office for details.

*Note: The gross (before taxes) wages on your check stubs based on how often you are paid (income interval) and household size will need to be less than or equal to the amounts in the chart to be income to be income eligible for WIC

Revised 6/24/2022

Each year, these dollar amounts may increase. 

What do you get?

  • An EBT card to buy healthy foods such as milk, juice, eggs, cheese, cereal, beans, fruits, vegetables, bread, rice, and peanut butter.

  • Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy.

  • Support and information about breastfeeding your baby including classes and breast pumps.

  • Help in finding health care and other community services.

What do I need to bring?

  • Identification for everyone that has an appointment.

  • Proof of where you live or have Medicaid.

  • Proof of all household income or have Medicaid.

  • Children’s shot record.

  • Everyone that has an appointment for WIC.


How do I use my WIC EBT card?
  • Bring the Florida WIC Foods Pamphlet - This lists the brands & sizes of foods that you are allowed to buy.
  • Bring your WIC EBT Shopping List- This will tell you the foods that you are able to buy for your family each month. The foods for everyone in your family are combined altogether.
  • You can choose how little or how much you want to buy each time you shop with your WIC EBT card.
  • Have your WIC EBT card ready when purchasing foods at the register.
  • Inform the cashier you are using a WIC EBT card.
  • Cashier will ask you to slide your WlC EBT card at the Point of Sale (POS) machine. Or you may hand the cashier your card.
  • Make sure you know your PIN number. You will be asked to press your PIN number on the keypad.
  • Cashier will then scan your selected foods. The amounts of the approved foods & dollar amount of the fruit and vegetables will be deducted from the WIC EBT account.
  • Keep your grocery store receipts each time you shop with your EBT card. At the bottom of the receipt wi ll be the balance of your current month. Look at your receipt to make sure it is correct before you leave the store.
  • Make sure you buy your foods on your shopping list within the allowed dates.
  • Benefits will be in your WIC EBT card account at 12:00 midnight the first date of use and will expire at 12:00 midnight the last date to use. Benefits not used will not roll over to the next month.
  • To find out your balance on your WIC EBT the receipts from the recent purchase will show your balance left over. Or you can call Customer Service at 1-866-629-1095; or go to the WIC EBT website at
  • Save your WIC EBT card when all your foods have been purchased, your card is re-useable. The next set of benefits will be purchased with the same WIC EBT card.
  • Keep your WIC EBT card and bring it with you each time you come to the WIC office.

What if my doctor wants my baby on a different formula than WIC usually offers?

Florida WIC offers the Enfamil milk-based and Gerber soy-based formulas to those Moms who choose not to breastfeed.

A 'MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION FOR FORMULA AND FOOD' FORM must be completed by your child’s doctor, if the formula is something other than an approved Enfamil or Gerber formula. You may get this form from your doctor or us. Also, you or your doctor may download this form from

  • This ENTIRE form needs to be completed, including a valid medical diagnosis (spitting up or formula intolerance is not considered a medical diagnosis) and also the number of months the formula is needed (the maximum is 6 months).

  • If the request form is approved, unused benefits and/or unopened cans of formula that you have, will need to be returned to WIC in exchange for the requested formula.

  • Please remember that if your infant is in need of a special formula, he/she may need to be more closely monitored by WIC, and may need more frequent appointments.

Moving with WIC
What to bring to transfer within Florida

  • Identification for everyone that gets WIC and is transferring
  • Proof of where you live now
  • Shot records for children, if you have them
  • Any WIC checks you have from the other state. You cannot get benefits from more than one state for the same time period.
  • Your WIC Identification/Transfer card, from your last WIC Program. If you don’t have this you should call that agency and ask them to fax your “Verification of Certification” to us at the fax number listed above for the location where you have an appointment. Or if they prefer they can fax their release form to us and you can complete it at our office. Once we get the documentation of your certification, we can complete your transfer and issue your benefits and EBT card. The Call Center operators will help you through this process so check with them first.

Non Discrimination Statement

 English. Spanish, and Creole.

Other Helpful Programs

Provided to supplement earnings. The TCA program helps with job search, preparation, training and vocational education and support services, such as subsidized childcare.
Contact them at ACCESS Florida
Apply on-line or by phone

Phone: (850) 300-4323

Coordinates services for pregnant women and babies. Provides referrals relative to prenatal and parenting needs. (239) 656-2574

United Way 211 of Lee County; Dial 211 for 24-hour Information and Referral Service or (239) 433-3900

This service will help find missing parents for child support. 1-800-622-KIDS

Affordable health insurance for children.
1-888-540-5437 or


Breastfeeding | Florida Department of Health ( English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole – American Academy of Pediatrics parenting website in English and Spanish      La Leche League International English and several other languages - USDA WIC Breastfeeding Support website – Florida WIC lesson plans online for clients using their Family ID English and Spanish -USDA WIC Works Resource System

Breastfeeding | Office on Women's Health ( English and Spanish