Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Florida Department of Health in Hendry County
- (863) 674-4041
LaBelle - 1140 Pratt Blvd; 33935
Clewiston - 1100 South Olympia Ave 33440
The clinic is on a walk in first come first served basis only. Test results are given during clinic hours (Monday through Friday 8 to 5). Services are provided on a sliding fee scale.
The Sexually Transmitted Diseases Program works to control transmission through four major avenues:
- Education of at risk persons on the modes of disease transmission and the means for reducing the risk of transmission by changing sexual behaviors
- Detection of infection in persons without symptoms, and those who are who are unlikely to seek diagnostic and treatment services.
- Diagnosis and treatment of persons who are infected.
- Evaluation, treatment and counseling of sex partners of persons with a Sexually Transmitted Disease.
Reportable Sexually Transmitted Diseases are submitted to the Department of Health by private and public labs and treatment facilities per Florida Statutes.
The staff works with providers to:
- Confirm treatment and assist in follow-up of infected persons and their sex partners.
- Provide diagnosis and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases including: syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and others.
- Provide surveillance and follow-up on possible cases of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Provide partner counseling and referral services